Corona virus/Covid-19: this is what the City of Malmö does right now
The City of Malmö builds its measures on assessments and recommendations from the Public Health Agency and other authorities. We follow events and are ready to increase our efforts if necessary.
Updated: 2020-06-18 13:54
The City of Malmö: effects on services and activities
Schools and pre-schools
- Pre-schools and elementary schools remain open, according to reports from the authororities (Folkhälsomyndigheten). Information for parents and guardians with children in pre-schools. (pdf, 312.1 kB)
- The Public Health Agency of Sweden does no longer recomend to provide remote classes for students in upper secondary schools, adult education, and higher vocational education. The schools for those students is open from the 15 of June.
- The cities after school facilities provide individual study rooms for students.
- An increased number of students will be offered summer classes.
Care facilities, restaurants and meeting places for the elderly, and facilities for the neuro-psychiatrically disabled
- Specialized covid-19 teams are established to take over home care and home help for those with symptoms of covid-19 or with a confirmed infection. A covid team consists of assistant nurses, physiotherapists and occupational therapists from the City of Malmö and doctors and nurses from the regional health care system.
- Cohort care means that patients with covid-19 are cared for separated from other patients in separate facilities. Patients that have been treated for covid-19 may have a short-term accomodation for further care and rehabilitation. Persons with confirmed covid-19 who have home help or home care may also have cohort care if they cannot manage at home by themselves but are not ill to the extent that they need hospital care.
- There is a nation-wide ban on visits to care facilities. Therefore, visits at the City of Malmö´s care facilities are not allowed.
- All activities at the City of Malmö´s meeting places for the elderly have been temporarily closed. There are online activities at malmo.se/motesplatserforseniorer and on Facebook, ”Malmö stads mötesplatser för seniorer”. If you have any questions or simply want to have a chat, please call us weekdays 8 am-4.30 pm at 076-856 45 49.
- In the City of Malmö´s restaurants for the elderly, service is restricted to take-away meals. Service hours are Monday-Friday 11.30 am-2 pm.
- To avoid infection, several facilities for the neuro-psychiatrically disabled are temporarily closed to the public.
Inspections of restaurants and coffee shops
The city of Malmö conducts inspections at restaurants and coffee shops where social distance protocols are suspected not being followed. If the restaurants and coffee shops do not operate in accordance to the regulations, the city of Malmö will report them to Public Health Agency of Skåne which can decide to close them.