Capacity development and knowledge alliances for the sea
Lead by the World Maritime University in Malmö, this session will bring
together a number of successful ongoing network organisations working
to improve sustainable ocean planning and management. The aim of the
session is to discuss how organisations from different sectors and administrative levels can form fruitful partnerships in order to better address some of the current and future ocean management challenges.
• How can capacity building for sustainable development of the ocean be
• Are new ways and tools for communicating the role of the ocean needed
and what role does media play as one of several actors in this respect?
- Håkan Rylander, ISWA Marine Litter Task Force
- Anna Särnblad, Marine biologist and Project Manager Biosphere for Baltic
- Johanna MacTaggart, Co-ordinator of UNESCO’s Man and the
Biosphere Programme in Sweden (MAB)
- Monika Forsell, Communications manager, Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management
- Moderator: Henrik Nilsson, Research Associate World Maritime University