After School Care at Malmö International School looks after students outside of normal school hours. After School Care staff work closely with students, providing a range of pedagogical activities for all age groups, whilst following the Swedish Fritids and the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme curricula.
In ASC we learn using the same PYP elements of Approaches to Learning and the Learner Profile attributes. We believe in learning through play, as a starting point for developing social, emotional and cognitive skills and mutual respect.
- We strive to create a stimulating learning environment that is based on interests, curiosity and needs.
- We support learners to take agency by identifying interests and inquiring into these.
- We take responsibility for each other and ourselves while playing and exploring.
- We develop social skills and self-management skills including our ability to manage conflict.
- We listen to and learn from others.
- We learn through play, drama, poetry, singing, reading and physical education.
MIS After-School Care is open before school from 07.00 and after school from 14.30-17.30
Breakfast is served at 07.20 and snack at 14.30-15.00
During the school holidays we are open from 08.00-17.00
After School Care is available for students of MIS aged 5-12. To be eligible for your child(ren) to have a place in After School Care, guardian(s) must meet the requirements.
You are required to provide documentation to MIS proving that you are eitherworking or studying full time, as well as your schedule.
If you require After School Care, please fill in the forms below.
EYP-PYP2: 0708-31 83 37
PYP3-4: 0766-33 31 35 (N.B. Please use this number 07.00-08.00 and 17.00-17.30)
PYP 5 - MYP1: 0708-31 83 36