Plan your visit
Malmö Museer and Malmö Art Museum will keep limiting the number of visitors and use a pre-booking system. We will continue to take responsibility for minimizing the spread of Covid-19.
The information below is valid until September 28. From 29 September, you can visit Malmö Museums without pre-booking.
In accordance with the Swedish Public Health Agency guidelines, admissions have been restricted in order to enable visitors to keep a safe distance. As there are several narrow passageways on our premises, we will continue to limit the number of visitors and use a pre-booking system. Please visit us only if you are symptom-free!
Most exhibitions are open:
At Teknikens och Sjöfartens hus, the following exhibitions are currently closed:
- Utan land i sikte
This information is subject to change.
All visitors must pre-book a ticket to gain access to the museum buildings. This precaution is taken to reduce the spread of infection and ensure a safe visit. To visit Borggården (outdoors) on Slottsholmen, you do not need a ticket.
- Tickets can be booked no earlier than 14 days prior to the scheduled visit.
- Tickets are valid for two hours and only within the allotted time slot. For example, if your ticket to Slottsholmen is valid between 10:00-12:00, this means that you may visit our exhibitions at any time during this time interval. You may arrive later than 10:00, but you must leave the building no later than 12:00, regardless of your arrival time.
- Please note that your ticket is valid for either Slottsholmen or Teknikens och Sjöfartens hus. If you plan to visit both museum buildings, you will need to book two tickets.
- When your ticket is booked, you will receive a confirmation email. This email serves as your entrance ticket.
- Show your pre-booked ticket at the respective entrance, either on an electronic device or as a printout on paper, and pay the admission fee.
- We only accept card payments.
- Admission for adults is SEK 20 per museum building. Admission for children is free, but tickets must still be pre-booked. This also applies to visitors with an annual pass.
- Annual passes purchased in 2020 remain valid for 2021.
Cancel your ticket if you cannot make it
It is important that you cancel your ticket if you become ill or for some other reason cannot use it. This will give someone else the opportunity to visit us instead.
- Please stay at home if you are ill. If you feel well, you are most welcome to visit the museum. If you experience any kind of symptom, you should stay home until you are completely symptom-free. Do not forget to cancel your ticket.
- Keep a safe distance. Please be considerate of other museum visitors and our staff by keeping a safety distance of at least 1.5 meters. Follow directions and markings.
- Don’t rush. Some waiting time may occur since there is a maximum number of people allowed into the various exhibition rooms. Queues may be expected outside, especially at the beginning of each time slot. We kindly ask for your understanding.
- Wash your hands frequently. Remember to practice good hand hygiene and wash your hands often. Hand sanitiser stations can be found throughout the museum.