Brittiska ambassaden har bett svenska kommuner att publicera denna information. Det gäller brittiska medborgare som flyttat till Sverige och om fortsatt vistelse i landet.

"Important message for our British citizens"

Dear British Citizen,
The United Kingdom has left the European Union and the transition period has ended. Because of this, UK citizens are no longer covered by EU Freedom of Movement law. Therefore, as a British citizen residing in Sweden, you may need to take action to secure your rights to live and work in Sweden, as well as to access Swedish Government public services.

In accordance with the UK-EU Withdrawal Agreement, the Swedish Government has launched a new residency scheme. British citizens and their family members who have been living here under EU Freedom of Movement law must apply for this new status, if they wish to maintain their rights.

The application is free of charge, and can be completed either online or with a paper application. You can find out more about the application process, and make your application with the Swedish Migration Agency here:
Residence status for British citizens – Swedish Migration Agency (migrationsverket.se)

Some people, such as dual UK-Swedish citizens or those with a permanent uppehållstillstånd (PUT), do not need to apply, but may do so if they wish. In all cases, we urge you to check your status and, if you need to, apply for the new status with the Swedish Migration Agency now.
You have until 30 September to apply. If you are in Sweden under EU Freedom of Movement law and do not apply by this deadline, you may lose your residency rights in Sweden.

You can find out more by visiting the Swedish Migration Agency website. You can also sign up for e-mail alerts on official UK Government information with the UK Government’s Living in Guide for Sweden at www.govukglivinginsweden. Regular updates, answers to frequently asked questions and more information can also be found on the British Embassy Facebook page.

l urge all British citizens in Sweden to check their residence status now, and apply for a new permit, if needed. The new status introduced by the Swedish Government will allow British citizens living in Sweden under EU rules to protect and maintain their rights.

Thank You.

Yours ever,
Judith Gough CMG
Her Majesty´s Ambassador to Sweden