World class results
Our graduating students consistently achieve outstanding IB Diploma scores.
The IB Diploma is marked out of 45 points. Candidates may gain up to 7 points for each of the 6 subjects studied and 3 further points for the combined results of their Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge.
Only 0.12 percent of the IB students worldwide get 45 points!
- We had three students with 44p, Catriona Bell, Artur Giwercmann and Ludovic Maguire. Only 0.12 percent of the IB students worldwide get 45 points (2015 & 2016: one student with 44p).
- A mean score of 35,1p from a cohort of 86 diploma students. The world average is around 29 points (Sweden 30p). The world average is around 29 points (Sweden 30p).
- 98% received a diploma, +24p.
- 14 students (16%) gained 40-45 points, which is achieved only by 5% of the students worldwide. (2016, 24 students (27%), 2015, 14 students (14%).
- 45 of our students (52%) were awarded a Distinguished Pass. (any Diploma above 36p is classified by the IB as a Distinguished Pass). (2016, 26 students, (55%), 2015, 32 students, (33%)
World pass rate for the Diploma is historically 80%* World mean is around 29 points, 36 points and above is a distiinguished pass, 45 points is a perfect score.