Support for parents with children in out-of-home care

Föräldrastöttan Malmö is available for those who have children in out-of-home care. When your child is unable to live with you, you as a parent are legally entitled to receive support. It is up to you to decide whether you want to be in contact with us and for how long.

We offer you the opportunity to talk about what you are going through and get practical help to deal with the situation.

Contacting us is free of charge. We have a duty of confidentiality and do not keep any records. It is you, the parent, who assigns the case to us. We use an interpreter if necessary.

We offer

  • opportunity to talk about difficult emotions such as grief, guilt and shame
  • support in finding strategies to cope with frustration
  • support in keeping in touch with your child and in remote parenting
  • support in cooperating with the family home where your child is placed
  • information and assistance on your legal rights and obligations
  • help in understanding how authorities work
  • help in understanding the content of decision basis documents and other documentation
  • support in preparing, conducting and following up on meetings concerning your child.
  • We are a neutral party. We do not assess your parental capacity, nor do we influence the decisions of the authorities. We can support you in the various meetings related to your child, but we do not participate in the contact with your child.

You can contact us even if you don’t speak Swedish, as we will arrange an interpreter for you.

Kontakta oss

  • Föräldrastöttan Malmö

    • Telefon:  Telefon: 040-34 95 32
    • Telefontider: 
      Måndagar–fredagar. Om vi inte svarar, lämna ett meddelande på telefonsvararen.